Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty has released annual review report on trends and development in shipping losses and safety. Key points are as below;
Shipping losses – by location , type of vessel and cause.
In review – trend and developments affecting shipping safety.
Future challenges – important issues and key risks.
- 75 large ships lost worldwide in 2014, down 32% year-on-year
- South China and South East Asian waters top loss hotspots
- East Mediterranean and British Isles top locations for incidents
- Cargo and fishing vessels account for over 50% of all losses
- Ship size growth raises risk management concerns. Industry should prepare for $1bn+ loss
- Lessons not learned from overreliance on e-navigation. Cyber protection a major concern
Pls download executive summary – Executive summary -2015